Jetpack Jones • Leg Rigging

Until this point, I was struggling to get pose space deformers to work, I understand how they work, but I can't get them to work on my computer for some reason, which results in several crashes.
So they have been removed from my model, which means I will need to be cautious with some camera angles to not show collapsing of geometry with some poses.




Halfway through, I discovered as my Skeletons legs were made a little bent the IK handle was being a bit of a pain, so I went back and repositioned the hip joint and reskinned the legs, to adjust and fix this.

This did mean I had to redo a few hours of work, but it is a learning experience.
Hopefully, I won't try to rig a human leg like this again.
The Pole Vectors seem to be encountering a lot of problems, each time I went back to the start to redo what needed to be done and figure out what went wrong.

This time it appeared I skinned my mesh whilst the leg was slightly posed which messed up other stuff.
Occasionally there was a small error with mirroring the painted weights, which was frustrating.
but only really meant I needed to focus on it a little better to see whats messing up.

Comments