Minor • End of Week 6 • Midway OGR

The project so far has only been delayed by rigging issues, which have been sorted, the issues caused did look humorous but not what was intended or needed, these constant rigging issues was also quite stressful to deal with as I was uncertain on how to fix them, a secondary problem I have had was my home electrics tripping out as the fuses kept blowing, I lost multiple hours of rigging work repeatedly.

A lot of these issues was caused by the squash and stretch, which needed to be fixed within the node editor by multiplying the original scale by the scale of the main control.

The UV's had little issues, they were cut easily the only issue was scale again which was solved the same way with nodes.
The was the tentacles were connected did stay the same, it was simple animation added so I could model straight and attach the tentacles afterwards, the gif below was from an earlier point in the model but it had slight alterations after to work like it does now.

The beginning of the froth was a weird one as the main issue with building the head was how the eyes would work, so to start I modelled a rough version of the eye with rough animation.
I believe I need more geometry to make this work more smoothly, but as a start, this had 14 vertices around the eye with smoothing on, which works for surrounding the eye, but the edges for the eye itself seem to not be enough.
I used blender as I'm more comfortable with quick rigging in that program, specifically for a feature in blender that's not in Maya is the ability to change a rig whilst it's connected to a mesh without altering the mesh, but when it comes to my final rig I'll be creating it in Maya. 
The initial bones for the eyelid might need to be moved but they are at the edge of the eye in its starting position at the current point in time, but there is mesh clipping specifically the bottom lid into the eye.

I still need to make the turnaround for the Chubby Squid but I had become very frustrated with the rigging problems that I plan to create the Froth and then create both turnaround animations, leaving it until all four models are done seems a little too late for this task, especially as I need to add other animations to show how the characters move.

Week 1 - Wrapping up the Premise work and starting redesigns
Week 2 - Starting to finalise the redesigns
Week 3 - Start modelling the Chubby squid

Week 4 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 5 - Chubby Squid Rigging & Problem solving
Week 6 - Start modelling the 2nd character
>Week 7 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 8 - Start modelling the 3rd character
Week 9 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 10 - Start modelling the 4th character
Week 11 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 12 - Focus on animation and rendering
Any Extra Time - Finish up and polish

Comments