Minor • Rig Tests

 The Froth has had a few problems with rigging, but those have been nailed down now.
only one issue remains with the rig, and that's fur from the chest clipping through the mouth when the mouth is open and head tilted forwards.

This post is just to show some render tests I did to check how the fur moved with the body, because I was focused more on fur motion I haven't colour corrected anything, so the colours may appear alternate to how they should.

Rendered with one eye rigged.
Hip fur adjusting
Leg movements
Left with toe rig unfinished, Right with it finished

The legs rigged nicely, the face not so much, multiple Maya crashes happened, and I ended up learning how to work with blend shapes to get the face to work.

Its a little strange as Pose Based Deformers didn't work but the Blend Shapes do, I was worried they didn't, so I first tried to add bones into the lips, then I tried to rig the face like in the Jetpack Jones tutorials, but this didn't work and caused several crashes too. Which left me with the hope that blend shapes would work, it took over a week to get the face to be rigged, due to just several problems popping up causing crashes and a few restarts.

The only thing left to do is to finish animations on both characters and render.
I also need to figure out a pose for the turnaround as a T or A pose would be a little boring.

Comments