Major • Jabberwocky model based on the drawing by John Tenniel

 Despite having my own ideas, there's nothing quite like the original design.     

I spent some time studying the creatures head and decided the best way to do so was to try and model it.       
For me this method helps me spot the most important detail, what needs to be ‘physical’ poly modelling and what needs to be a normal map, this is something I figure out in the stage of making the model, for this one it was facial detailing like under the eyes and cheeks.
I was unable to make it 100% accurate to the original drawing but I tried my best and that’s all anyone can do.


Render in Substance
Maya Wireframe
smoothed base and full wireframe

Sketchfab Model

Tenniel's Original Jabberwocky

Front and Side Sketches based on Tenniel's work

Comments