Fantastic Voyage • First Post

So as time has gone on, it has become clear the Corona Virus is going to keep me from getting work done.
So I am posting an update to show what I have managed to get done so far.

I have chosen to go along the fungi life cycle.

So far stylistically I think black and white with some colouration that will be limited.
Thinking much like Tim Burton's Corpse Bride where the land of the Living was dull and the land of the Dead was full of colour.

I have started with concepts.


Heres the progress gifs


The Thumbnails have my rough colour scheme and an idea for an opening and rough map.
I even built a rough area to show where trees might be.

I have had my mind on story, it is about how a mushroom grows but there is always the need for a little magic and mystery.
I realised this was possibly unclear and that I should probably split it into a few boards.

My current thought is to get a rough storyboard, start the script and create a more developed storyboard.
I'm creating an art of as I go as the script will need to be added as well as the concepts.

With my current position, I am unable to do some Maya Experiments like I was planning to do.
I wanted to do some tests with a mushroom model.

But if it is unclear with my notes and images above
I plan for my animation to be near black and white with the depiction of life starting as a red spore and growing to a fully mature blue glowing mushroom.

Comments