What If Metropolis • Reflection

That What If Metropolis project was the first project that I could build what I wanted to in Maya, unfortunately I haven't got the knowledge to build exactly how I want.

The statue itself my original idea was to build her then pose her with rigging and the like but I don't know how to do this in Maya yet, and I did not want to go back to Blender just to pose the statue I have been trying to avoid Blender as the buttons are different and I need to get Mayas buttons into my head.

The statue was a little bit of a cheat as I took the UV map from the camera angle with a few tweaks so it only looks right from the current camera angle, if this was an animation I'd edit that so the statue was better textured, not just a 3d model with projected textures.

I used alot of extruding along curves, it was the best way to get the tentacles out, the curves were fiddly to work with but worked well in the end.
I think after alot more practice I may come back to this to remake it so see if I can improve it.

After the presentation I got comments on how it seems uncanny and that the sky could have been used to lead the eyes.
Another comment was that it had a strange nostalgic feel to it, that it seemed like a point and click game especially with its open space, 

Another point was made that with the glass house I messed up and made it a solid glass cube, there was a setting I didnt know about that would have sorted this out and have it as walls of glass.
But I think as the cube as it is now gives the house a weird effect like the two busts, I think I prefer this to the idea of a normal glass wall but I think I should see how it would have looked with the walls as they should have been.

Comments