Minor • The Plan

 So Minor is a 12-week project, and I'll need to manage my time accordingly.

Whilst working I will be working on my Making of Book instead of working on it near the end, and using any spare time to polish the book.

I've roughed out the contents page, so I know where to start.
The black background will be changed out but for now, I prefer it like this as I find darker background and lighter text isn't as straining on my eyes as dark text on a light background.

I need to write about Premise and those run designs through a form of analysis, from there I can figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each design and go from there.

Some more research will be required as well as a little more world-building with each character, they may be a species but having one with a clear personality would be nice and help show design, so maybe I'll come up with a few sketches for different personality types and pick one from there to go on and make into 3d.

'Reaching the Final Designs' refers to the design sketches that will be made.
this is followed by Model sheets and the modelling process, which I will need to either take renders of at regular intervals or screenshots and select the best few or the ones that show the most progress or the best or most interesting part of the process.

The last few pages will be showing off the models, each one will have a page or double page spread featuring front, side, and back views as well as poses used in their animations.


This week the idea is to write up about premise and start up the research and sketching phase.

My current idea with the 12 weeks is roughly this, its broad but clear.
There is also hope to work a little faster than planned so there's more time for animation.
This time also does not include working on my thesis and 'breaks' which I usually still work through.

Week 1 - Wrapping up the Premise work and starting redesigns

Week 2 - Starting to finalise the redesigns

Week 3 - Start modelling the Chubby squid

Week 4 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design

Week 5 - Start modelling the Strider

Week 6 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design

Week 7 - Start modelling the Multi mouth

Week 8 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design

Week 9 - Start modelling the 4th character  (currently unknown, will be decided in week 1 and 2)

Week 10 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design

Week 11 - Focus on animation and rendering

Week 12 - Finish up and polish

For this project, I plan to make at least 2 posts a week.
one on Monday morning, stating my plan for the week, and one on Friday afternoon or evening, which will include what I have accomplished in the week.
This I am hoping will help me keep on track, and help me keep notes on where I am standing with my work at the time as it goes.

Comments