character design • orthograph and names

 Names have been given to my characters now, I had to ask some family members for suggestions.
Tinny the feline astronaut, Blinky the alien and Steve the human astronaut.

I have also picked an age for Steve, he's 40.
I made this decision based on how old Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were when they went into space, Armstong being 38 and Buzz being 39.
https://www.space.com/16758-apollo-11-first-moon-landing.html#:~:text=The%20astronauts&text=Born%20Aug.,doctorate%20to%20fly%20in%20space.

I've also decided I want my character bible to have a rough look to it, like it belonged to Steve, an instruction booklet that's been carelessly thrown around and changed to a more scrapbook than instruction manual with stickers and taped in images.

I've been working on expressions as best I can and have the orthographic drawings on the way, they just need a go over to neaten them up.


There is one discrepancy between the images being the grey on  the background this was due to the file I'm working on being a much older version from a separate computer so the backgrounds a little different but it will be updated to match in my character bible.

current state of the bible

Comments