Premise • Early plant tests

Sticky notes
I tried to draw without thinking too much so I kept it to sticky notes, once one was full I put it to the side and started a new one.

The middle right one is a form of fish design.
The last one was how to make plants


Maya tests
plants won't move this fast, but to test most of its motion I made it do a little wobble.
this also may not be one of my plants, it was some texture I made quickly in photoshop to test how it would move.
I spent a lot of time working out how a rig would work, taking the tail and tentacle animations as my basis.

Although putting it into a scene it might look rather chaotic, with all the bones and nurbs curves everywhere.

Playblast
Render
I kept forgetting about the roughness, it needs to be clear, smooth and have opaque off, otherwise, there are rendering problems.
I spent a little too long trying to figure out the problem but completely forgot to check my specularity.

A secondary version of this could consist of many more leaf-like planes instead of just two planes.

Comments