Blue means Sharks • Turn

 The turn I had planned, I thought would be a difficult thing to animate.
So today I focused on it solely, trying to get that specific part done with the body.

I blocked it out and slowly worked up the body in sorting how things moved, I tried to do the action myself several times whilst working to make sure how it goes.

I also realised that the initial step was too wide for Moom to make so I moved the final poses back.
I've put temporary frames in at 144 and 189 which is where the turn is and worked on these 45 frames.
Being only 45 frames its not even 2 seconds, but I want it to look natural with the character given.

I playblasted when I made changes and converted them into gifs which are in order below.
I also used these gifs to see how smooth it was as an action, and for testing purposes.
I have also got a book with notes and bits and pieces in, which isn't clear or very readable but it is how I'm working and I will add the pages to the making of.


Current appearance of the turn as the whole animation
From this I've decided to speed up the turn a little, it works but is a little too slow.
I'm leaving it for now and refining as I go along.

Comments