Premise • The 'Hero' Creature

 I had a look at a rough colour scheme for this one creature, then I plan on using that to build up an environment that shall then affect the other creatures colours.
1 was a more sharklike appearance, a camouflage in earths waters.
2 was a more sandlike appearance
3 dark and bioluminescent
4 Greenish, with more bioluminescence, and transparency in its limbs

I quite like 3 and 4 but cant decide between the two, I might make both and take its best version.
As it should be only texture changes.

The front view of the creature is not defined on its top half, a practice model of only the head should help me figure out how it should be.
I do have a picture in my head but I can't quite draw it out yet.

There are multiple notes on the page above, some to myself and some about the creature.

The creature is an Omnivore, eating plants and small bugs like flies, occasionally a larger one but nothing too big, it eats by grinding the food on the roof of its mouth where its teeth are, all are small.

It has at least 2 air bladders to help keep its round shape, to give it its floaty appearance, it also gives it the ability to do little hops on land as well as connecting to suction cups on its 'feet' so they don't get stuck or grab onto unwanted surfaces.

On land the creature can drag itself, hop, and climb, its suction cups are used to pull itself up, whilst the other limbs are used to hold itself in place.

The air bladders also are what allow it to burp bubbles, the gas escaping comes out through an area in its throat with a gland that produces a soap-like substance which makes the gasses appear like bubbles.

taken from: https://rvlifestyle.com/off-the-beaten-path-lousianas-bayou-country/
Nothing is drawn yet but the environment is much like a swamp or bayou, with lots of water and lots of trees. 
It's going to be otherworldly, so with an interesting palette and the strange collection of creatures I am creating.

I am thinking of a mix of 3 and 4's colours to make the palette for the environment, dark but filled with things like fireflies.

Comments