Jetpack Jones • Normal Maps

 

A quick Render
has inverted normals

As the Body was rigged but not the head, I thought I'd move onto something I enjoy a little more and I feel is more finishable by the time needed.


Facial rigging will take a long time, so I would like to have that saved for over the summer to focus on it a lot, but I enjoy the texturing process so I shall get as much of this done, as textures shouldn't affect the facial rigging.

The first go over my model kinda messed up, the high res was dented in the arm and I couldn't quite get it back into place. There was also appeared to be an issue with the arms.
I was thinking it could have just been a simple texturing issue, but my mesh did move between versions so it appeared funky.
I just had to keep redoing to get rid of this error.
They simply weren't aligned, it was such a small issue too, but it was irritating to see it so close but also just not quite right.

Normal Map
Top half and bottom half combined

Connecting the buttons using the Rivet script.
With the locators in place, it looks like a really spikey waistcoat to me.
I have also split my model into the UV map groups, with textures.
as my boots and Trousers are the same geometry I will need to use either a mixed shader or have a map with the differences like roughness on them.

Comments