Toolkit 2 • Submission

 All Toolkit 2
Character Design

Maya

JPJ is missing
Pose Space Deformers 
    They didn't work, kept causing many crashes, in the end, anything that was done was taken out.
Facial Rigging
    This has not been touched yet.
Textures
    Normal maps are done, as well as early colouration.
JPJ so far
So far Jet Pack Jones has most of his geometry there, the teeth, tongue and gums are not there as the facial rigging has not been gone through.
body textures need to be finalised, as well as the specularity and I believe an AO pass/addition to his textures.

Animation

Lip Sync

Life Drawing

Addition

Like my Toolkit 1 Submission, I have a side project I have been working on, A model I was building to get reused to Maya after being unable to use it for a while.
Although I haven't rigged it, I have asked the original creator, Dean Scheppel, for permission to use the design, found at: https://maugryph.com/2014/11/27/character-sheet-for-3d-modeling-creature/
Mine looks a little different from the original creators 3d model, and if I had the time to rig it, it probably would have moved differently too.
I am planning to do the rigging over the summer to keep it fresh in my mind.
Below is Scheppel's short film 'The Process of Creating a 3D model (Final Animation Project)' which features the creature.

Comments