Jetpack Jones • Torso & Arm Rigging

 

I always find a small animation helps test a rig, or anything.
So I did small animations as I was working along the torso and arms to check if they worked.
A rough bow and an opening hand, both forward and in reverse to loop nicely.

And so we Spin

The spin tested the FK of the back and its set driven keys, so animation was only on one control.
I also noticed that my thumbs curled the wrong way, so I did the same as before, opened the expression editor and adjusted it to be the negative variant.
noticed errors

Out of body experience
possibly caused by accidentally rotating the geometry

twist
a skinning or pose space deformer issue, it could also be the skeletal structure again, my 'fix' from the last post could have caused this
As of current I am unsure how to fix this and so I will ignore this problem for now, this may be a go back and reskin task, which is okay, I might rejig the skeleton too depending on how much it might mess up the rig.

Repositioning joints may result in a messed up rig, so I will need to be cautious,
but it is entirely possible I will need to start from skinning and redo the rig.

Comments