Minor • End of Week 2 Progress

 I have decided to visit an aquarium, get some unedited look at the creatures for studies.
This also means I plan to start modelling on Thursday 14th, by this day or on it I shall have finished gathering the resources and research I need to create the Chubby Squid Model.

This week I focused on two study pages to help with the designs, I have a strong belief that if I understand a creature's anatomy or at least parts of their anatomy, the process of creating a design with inspiration off of said creature will be beneficial.


Something I was looking into was the possibility of suckers on the Chubby Squids tentacles, as well as the webbing between tentacles that some cephalopods have, I think I'm not going to keep the webbing, but the suckers I'm asking various peers their opinion and it's heavily weighted on the two rightmost images.
The outer of the pad having suckers or the inner pad having the suckers, I think I'm leaning towards inner suckers but my drawing of them above has them a little too small.

I also realised I didn't have a clue as to how the Striders would walk, so I used a 2d representation to figure out how far their legs could bend and the possibility of them walking.

The studies I have included in this weeks version of the art/making of, as well as the three remaining ones I have planned.

I believe I've fallen a little behind on my plans, I must also add that I am not including holidays that I am possibly going to work through.

Week 1 - Wrapping up the Premise work and starting redesigns
Week 2 - Starting to finalise the redesigns
Week 3 - Start modelling the Chubby squid
Week 4 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 5 - Start modelling the Strider
Week 6 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 7 - Start modelling the 3rd character
Week 8 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 9 - Start modelling the 4th character
Week 10 - Modelling, texturing, rigging and experiments for this design
Week 11 - Focus on animation and rendering
Week 12 - Finish up and polish

Comments