Invisible cities • Thumbnails part 1

I did not leave these in the order I drew them in but I did group them by city.
as its easier to put the same cities together.


Numbers 1 to 17
These one I have decided to reject the towns have not spoken to me.
I struggled to get a single sketch that interested me.
I tried to focus on an aspect of the town instead of the whole image.
I know the final outcome is supposed to be a conceptual piece, there are plenty of examples I can pick from but for now I am slowly working on this as a form of puzzle, piece by piece.
I know all buildings need to look different, A Museum and a House do not look the same.


Numbers 18 to 27
The towns have interested me for different reasons.

Armilla
From reading the text I imagine a City of pipes, water filled pipes with fountains and more intricate details.

Baucis
after reading this one I thought of a walking city, theres no clarification that the city is static.

Moriana
this final one I think of soot and glass, broken and pristine. A city of contrasts.

These three I'm struggling to pick between these three myself, but I'm looking forwards to thinking a little more in depth as I did here.
As I have an idea of what to follow for these three cities I am going to do an influence map for each of them.

Comments