Master Study • Caspar David Friedrich

Master Studies, I would call it copying but alright.
I actually quite enjoyed this task trying to recreate painters work to get a feel for the atmosphere and coloration in the work.

Whilst looking on google's Arts and Culture pages I came across Friedrich and was drawn to the darker feel of his paintings.
The creepiness of the church, the mystery of the reef and the slight adventure of the city in the distance.

I thought it would be worth using only his work for this as it gives the impression that it was more aimed than was described to us.

Friedrich was a 19th century landscape painter, and as such the access to digital media was not a thing. Its interesting to see how my digital work style slightly shifted to match the work, though it is not exact as I do not know how he painted the images, I just guessed with my own knowledge.

Comments