Maya Workshop • Lego Car 1

Maya seems to have multiple ways of doing things some are a rather roundabout method though rendering is always the same.

Since we've started working in Maya I have regretfully stopped working in blender to keep  my mind on the buttons which still seem to make no sense to me.

I really want to try and work on something more complex than a Lego car as I will be able to ask what I need to do to do this although some of the language seems different and throws me off.

Soft select is called Proportional editing in blender and this has confused me more often than it should have, the buttons even more confusing as it is b in Maya and o in Blender.
these car renders though.
playing with the light again was nice. Just being able to render again was nice.
I know it takes its time, both renders below took about 2 minutes each.
But I forgot the wonder of watching something you've made appear alive.
When we get going with motions I am going to be happy.

The car with materials applied and a warm light
The car with a white light

When I have some free time I will remake the car from scratch to practice the buttons and materials

Comments