Interactive Sessions • Compelling stories with engaging characters

Above is a sketch of the character done after the session.

Task 1 write sentence beginning with Only if or I remember.

    Only if she had thought a little faster, a little smarter. She wouldn't have made such dumb decisions.

    I remember when the birds flew and the sky shone many colours, the world was crazy but the sky had some consistency.

Task 2 design a character

Big Scary Barbarian looking character, whos afraid of people, communication and combat.
Raised in the wilderness, lost parents at a young age but at a point where they could survive by themselves.

This character wears a giant bird skull and feathers, tattered clothing with feathers attached to their left side and a pouch on the right side.

Task 3 involved putting something in the character's pocket

This in my case was a photo of their parents.

Task 4 answer questions as character would

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
What do you consider your greatest achievement?

I didn't know what Deplore meant so I googled it and got

So the characters answers would be:
What is your idea of perfect happiness?
    living without fear of invasion, from colonists or large beasts.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
    Communication, there is a loneliness out here but the animals help.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
    Being able to survive this long and happily.

As the tasks go on I realised I was putting a bit too much of myself into this character, although I have no survival skills, poor communication and love of animals as well as fear of social situations, all pop up in both me and the character.
The character here hasn't got a name as it is not said at all.

Task 5 Dress the character: what do they wear

I wrote a little on this earlier, they are wearing a giant bird skull on their head, and a load of scrapped clothes, as they live in the wilderness.
Since they're not one for combat so all they were is all scavenged to appear scary.
The feathers too are to appear scary, and the little homemade satchel is to store scavenged stuff.

Paper notes and sketches as the session went on.
some more were made digitally as well as the session being recorded to relisten to and redo if I need to.


Comments