Premise • 'No Look Scribble' Creatures

 
It was suggested I went back to this Art Jam and tried drawing from scribbles or shapes.

So I started by scribbling without looking in an a5 notebook.

No Look Scribbles
I then took these into photoshop and started drawing what I thought I could see in the shapes.
What I drew on top which were picked off for the image at the top.
Like last time a few seemed to catch my eye a lot more than others.

I think I want to explore these four more, but before I do I want to do a few other exercises like this.

Another recommendation was participating in a Kitbash and try to create silhouettes from 3d objects to find a starting point then draw on top of these shadows.
I didn't know what a Kitbash was before this, but I found out that it was something that is used in the industry sometimes, its where they take parts of models and make something much bigger.
A good example of kitbashing is the ships from StarWars, they were made from multiple model kits 'bashed' together.

I was given a few other suggestions for the 2d work, one was not looking as I drew the shapes, which I did here, another was to use the symmetry tool and just draw and see what I end up with.
there are multiple symmetry tools so I may try to use them for the next variation.
A third suggestion was taking photos of objects and distorting the shape to get something to start with.

All of these suggestions are intriguing and I might approach all of them and see what I end up coming out with.

Comments